Friday, May 21, 2004

The other woman?

Dear Helen, i just broke up with my long term boyfriend of 4 years.
The other day when i confided in my best friend about the whole thing,
and she professed her love to me. I feel betrayed by her, and confused. But at the same time curious. Help!

Dear Anonymous:
Well I'd love to say I haven't been in this situation before, and if you wrote this, you suck...here you go: First things first, you just got out of a serious relationship and you're obviously hurt and need time to heal. The one person you felt you could confide in has feelings for you so you're probably also feeling pretty alone right now. You also have to realize that you are most likely on the rebound and while this curious and exciting situation may seem like a fun thing to dive in to, give it a lot of thought. This is your best friend after all and are you ready to say goodbye to the friendship and get into something that may end up being extremely complicated, especially during a time when you need a shoulder to cry on, not a girl to make out with. Be open with your friend, do you share these feelings for her or are you simply curious? Does she know you're feeling betrayed? It may be a good idea to confide in another friend who can support you through this. Good Luck!

2 comments:

turboh8 said...

curious smurious! run, lola run!

turboh8 said...

where are my posts?